While technology has become increasingly prevalent, the need for hard-copy documents remains in many industries.
Copiers are crucial tools for many businesses, but purchasing a copier outright may not be the right solution for smaller businesses and organizations. Leasing a copier offers an attractive alternative, allowing small businesses to access high-quality machines without the upfront cost. In many cases, leasing provides many cost-saving initiatives.
In this article, we’ll explore the key considerations for finding the best copier leasing companies.
Assess Your Business Copier Lease Needs
Before diving into the world of copier leasing, it’s essential to assess your specific business needs. Consider the following questions:
- What is your monthly print volume?
- What functions does your copy machine need to perform, such as printing, faxing, scanning, and copying?
- Is color or black-and-white printing required?
- Are you interested in advanced finishing options?
- How many employees will be using the copier?
- What is your budget for monthly payments?
- Do you need managed print services or document management software?Understanding your business needs will help you identify the most suitable copier printer lease for your requirements.
Choose Between Types of Office Copiers
On the market, small businesses can choose from a wide variety of copiers, including:
- Multifunctional copiers: These all-in-one machines offer copying, printing, scanning, and faxing capabilities in a single device.
- Black and white copiers: Ideal for businesses with basic document reproduction needs.
- Color copiers: Suitable for businesses that require high-quality color printing and scanning.
- High-volume copiers: Designed for businesses with heavy document production requirements.
Research Lease Terms
When searching for the best copier lease, pay close attention to the lease terms. Consider factors such as:
- Lease duration: Long-term lease terms usually range from 12 to 60 months. Shorter leases offer more flexibility, while longer leases often come with lower monthly lease payments.
- Monthly payments: Determine your budget and ensure that monthly payments are affordable.
- Confirm the maintenance and service included in the lease agreement.
- Buyout options: Determine if there’s a buyout option at the end of the lease term, and if so, what the terms are.
Compare Leasing Companies
Research and compare leasing companies to find one that meets your specific requirements. Look for a leasing company that offers:
- Authorized Reseller of major copier brands such as Kyocera, Canon, HP, Xerox, and Ricoh.
- Good customer service
- Flexible lease terms
- Reliable maintenance and support
- A range of copier options
Reading reviews and seeking recommendations from other small business owners can help you make an informed decision.
Total Cost of Ownership
Leasing a copier is not just about monthly payments. Consider the total cost of ownership over the entire lease period. Leasing or buying a copier can have extra expenses like maintenance, service, and print software.
Before signing any copier lease agreement, carefully review the terms and conditions. Make sure you understand:
- What’s included in the lease, and what’s not included?
- Any penalties or fees for early termination
- The process for returning the copier at the end of the lease
- Any warranties or guarantees
Copiers are essential tools for small businesses.
Despite the advent of the digital era introducing numerous paperless alternatives, the demand for physical documents continues to be significant in various sectors.
You can streamline document management processes and focus on growth and productivity with the right copier lease. Copiers remain essential for small businesses because they offer an efficient and cost-effective document reproduction solution.
Here are several key reasons why copiers are essential for small businesses:
Small businesses must often copy significant documents such as contracts, invoices, purchase orders, and business proposals.
Investing in a high-quality copier can be more cost-effective than outsourcing office equipment. It allows small businesses to manage their printing costs over time and reduces the need for a third-party printing service.
Protecting Data and Security:
Certain documents, such as financial statements or customer data, may contain sensitive information. Small businesses can have more control over the security and privacy of their data by doing document production themselves.
Laser printers are swift and effective, allowing small enterprises to reproduce numerous documents within a few minutes. This time-saving aspect is particularly beneficial when dealing with urgent or time-sensitive tasks.
High-quality copies convey a professional image to customers, partners, and employees. Small businesses can enhance their reputation by ensuring all printed materials are clear and legible.
Copiers often have many features, including scanning, printing, and fax capabilities. This allows small businesses to streamline document management processes and reduce the need for multiple devices.
Copiers with document feeders and finishing options can enhance workflow efficiency. Features such as duplex printing, stapling, and sorting make it easier to organize and distribute documents effectively.
Copiers for Small Businesses
Copier leases are critical to the efficiency and budget of any small business. Evaluate your business needs, study lease terms, compare leasing companies, and know the overall cost to make an informed choice. BDS is the #1 copier leasing company in New England and Florida, with over 3 million products in stock. We have flexible leasing options to give your business the best copier lease rate.