Technology for printing and copying comes in all shapes and sizes, including lightweight and budget-friendly printers, sturdy workhorses, and many different types of multifunction machines. Printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines are among the most common office equipment in work environments that need to be recycled.
The correct disposal of printers and ink cartridges is essential to freeing up office space, complying with company policies, and our planet’s well-being. In some states, you may face considerable fines if you do not properly dispose of your printer. What should you do when the time comes for your printer to be retired?
In a nutshell, it is called print recycling.
You can easily recycle your old printer, copier, and print cartridges. Most importantly, if you dispose of your printer responsibly, there will be no toxic materials or e-waste left in landfills. All printers are recyclable, including inkjet, laser, 3D printers, large-format, industrial, and even mobile printers.
Below we list a few options you have when you are ready to recycle your printer:
- Our customers can take advantage of a complete recycling program at BDS. Printer systems, technology equipment, and toner cartridges at no charge. Learn more here!
- Is the equipment still functional? Schools, recreation centers, community organizations, charities, and nonprofit organizations can benefit from printer donations.
- Manufacturers may offer recycling and take-back programs for e-waste. However, you must repackage and pay to ship the printer back.
- Recycle your old printer at a retail store. Electronic recycling is readily available at several major retailers, making the process easy for both consumers and businesses.
- Find a recycling center near you. In most cases, you can recycle your printer at a recycling center or e-waste drop-off location that accepts electronic waste.
Bottom Line – Always recycle your printer
Rather than throwing old printers away, consider recycling them. Several recycling programs and alternative methods are available for e-waste disposal, including used printers. BDS can replace your printer after it has been recycled; we offer a wide variety of printers and copiers to fit your budget and workplace needs. BDS offers office recycling solutions in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and many other areas in New England. Contact us for more information.